12 January 2013

Pie #29: Citrus Redemption Pie (Orange Chiffon Pie)

Several months ago my friend Sav suggested that I should try some sort of orange pie.  Now that citrus is in season, I decided it was time to use her suggestion!  I grabbed this Orange Chiffon Pie recipe from the taste of home's website.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Orange Chiffon Pie

Ingredients:
1 graham cracker crust (8 inches)

1 package (3 oz.) orange gelatin
1 T. sugar
3/4 c. boiling water
1/2 c. orange juice (approximately 2 oranges-worth)
1 t. grated orange peel
8 oz. whipped topping, thawed

Pie Algorithm:
1. In large bowl dissolve gelatin powder and sugar in water.  Add orange juice and peel.  Refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened but not set.

2. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes or until foamy and thickened.  Fold in whipped topping until completely combined.  Pour into crust.  Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

The pie is a complete turnaround from last week's pie; it was quite delightful!  The flavor reminded me of Orange Creamsicle, and the texture was like eating a light, fluffy cloud!  I look forward to eating more tomorrow!  I don't think there are supposed to be such large jello clumps - I think I let the mixture sit longer than it should have before I beat it.  Still, what we have here is a very tasty pie!

1 comment:

  1. So glad this turned out for you! The pie looks delicious, and for the record, I don't mind chunks ;) I just saw your post because I haven't been on blogger for a few weeks. Such a crazy start to the year.

    ReplyDelete